DY 2008™ Series - Pattern Controller
The DY 2008 Pattern Controller is one component of an adhesive application system consisting of a hot-melt unit, cold glue pressure vessel or cold glue pump, adhesive hoses and applicator heads. The controller can be used for hot-melt or cold glue application.
The DY 2008 Pattern Controller is one component of an adhesive application system consisting of a hot-melt unit, cold glue pressure vessel or cold glue pump, adhesive hoses and applicator heads. The controller can be used for hot-melt or cold glue application. The pattern controller activates solenoids for four (Basic Version) up to 128 (Option) applicator heads in order to create individual adhesive patterns. It is possible to program up to 16 independent glue events (16 glue + 16 delay) per channel. Each channel can operate in one of the possible modes: glue beads, dots, continuous gluing, random product length and stitching. Gluing can be triggered with a photo eye, proximity switch or by exceeding a certain machine speed.
Every channel may be assigned to its own trigger input, if desired, to increase the accuracy of multiple parallel running products. In order to accelerate the timing of solenoids it is possible to apply initially a higher voltage (Over-excitation). The voltage level and the duration time of this over-excitation is programmable via software on a channel-by-channel basis. This enables applications for hot-melt and cold glue.
The speed of the production machine will be registered with up to four encoders and indicated on the display. It can be used to control the speed of one or more gear pumps of adhesive supply units or to control the glue pressure on a cold glue system via I/P or U/P transducers. Every time the machine speed varies the glue pressure will follow. Working with four encoders enables application on machines with different speeds e.g. Right-Angle machine.
The pressure vs. speed ramp can be linear or for better adaptation to production conditions a 12-point curve is programmable.
A machine contact is available to enable or disable the controller. With this contact it is possible to start and stop the gluing together with the parent machine. The user can select whether the gluing stops immediately or continues.
The controller can provide an output signal to close a shutter devise (automatic tip sealer) in order to prevent clogging of cold glue applicators from drying during production breaks. If necessary this shutter output can be activated with a dedicated trigger input.
Alternatively the programming of the glue pattern can be done on a computer and corresponding software. An optional RS232/485 or Profibus interface can be used to communicate with the pattern controller from an external device.
Critical conditions can be signalled by means of two alarm outputs.
- 4 to 128 Channels
- 16 Patterns per Channel
- Trigger Inputs for Each Channel
- 4 Pressure Outputs
- 4 Scalable Machine Speed Inputs
- 55 VDC or 170 VDC Over-Excitation
- Memory for 60 Programs
- Modes Include Standard, Continuous and Random Length
- Easy-to-Navigate Menu Structure
- Configurable for "Lines" or "Dots"
- Dedicated Shutter Control
- Up to 12-Point Pressure Output Curves
- Machine Speeds to 1200m/min (4000fpm) @0.5mm (.02")
- RS 232/RS 485 Interface (Option)
- Profibus Interface (Option)
- Operating Temperature - 0°C to 50°C (32°F to 122°F)
- # of Channels (increments of 4) - 4 - 128
- # of Programs - 60
- # of Events per Program - 16
- Output Voltage - 24VDC
- Output Wattage - 20 watts per channel
- # of Triggers - 1 per channel
- Trigger Input Signal - NPN/PNP or contact closure
- Max Adjustable Range - 0 - 800 mm (80 in) 1 mm increments (.01 in. increments)
- Power Supply/Input Power - 120, 200 or 240 VAC 50/60 Hz, L1/N/PE / 180w (8 channel version)
- Height (H) - 15 cm (5.9 in)
- Depth (D) - 34.5 cm (13.6 in)
- Width (W) - 32.6 cm (12.8 in)