Dynamelt™ S Series - Adhesive Supply Unit
The next generation Dynamelt™ S defines a new standard of innovation in the industry. With intuitive controls and a modular design that make it simple to install, operate and maintain, the Dynamelt™ S is the go-to choice for manufacturers worldwide. Unique design and performance features set it apart from the competition, minimizing downtime and offering greater flexibility. Designed to be used in conjunction with the Dynatec family of equipment for maximum efficiency and performance, this virtually "invisible" system will remain in sight but out of mind in your facility.
The Dynamelt™ system provides accurate, proportionate temperature control for the hopper, hoses and applicators. Sequential heating delays may be programmed for turn-on of the hoses and heads. A "standby" temperature may be programmed so that the temperature zones can be maintained at a lower temperature when the hot melt adhesive supply unit is not in active use, enabling rapid return to normal operation.
- Simplified access and maintenance procedures make replacing modular electronics, filters and pumps quick and easy.
- Intuitive, easy to read display is repositionable to front or side of unit and shows all system parameters at a glance.
- Consumes up to 20% less energy and significantly less air than similar competitive units, reducing operating costs.
- New Nano ceramic hopper coating is 5 times more durable than competitive PTFE coatings to withstand wear.
- Standard features include 7-Day Scheduler to simplify daily operation.
The Dynatec Difference
Most suppliers will agree that adhesive degradation is the number one cause of downtime on hot melt equipment. To address this problem, ITW Dynatec has patented a "Melt-on-Demand" system. ITW Dynatec's vertical, unheated hoppers only melt the amount of adhesive required by the application. Most of the hot melt adhesive in the hopper remains at a much lower temperature, perhaps even solid state. The added benefits of melting only the adhesive required are quicker start-ups, reduced energy costs, better viscosity control, and reduced fumes.
- Less Energy Consumption – The Dynamelt uses less energy than conventional equipment by heating only the adhesive in the lower portion of the hopper. There is no need to waste energy and manufacturing time melting/maintaining the entire contents of the hopper.
- Operator Safety – The adhesive in the top of the hopper remains in a cooler, often solid state and reduces the operator's potential for burns. Also, adhesive splash-back when filling the hopper is reduced.
- Faster System-Ready – The Dynamini Series does not have to melt all of the adhesive, so it is ready for operation much faster than conventional equipment.
- Adhesive Degradation is Greatly Reduced – By only melting the required amount of adhesive, the common problem of charring is minimized. When adhesive is replenished using conventional equipment, the solid, more dense adhesive falls to the bottom of the hopper causing older glue to move to the top of the hopper. By doing this, adhesive is subject to longer heat exposure which is one of the main causes of char. This does not happen with Melt-On-Demand. The molten glue at the bottom of the hopper is used first. Another important benefit is that all of the heat is applied at the bottom of the hopper using Melt-On-Demand, so char build-up on the side walls of the hopper is minimized.
- Reduced Maintenance – With Melt-On-Demand, equipment maintenance will be reduced. Frequency of Periodic hopper draining to purge char is greatly reduced, and filter and nozzle clogging will be reduced as well.
- Seven-Year Hopper Warranty
- Hopper Capacity: S05 - 5kg (10lbs) / S10 - 10kg (22lbs) / S22 - 22kg (48lbs)
- Operating Temperature: 10 to 218°C (50 to 425°F)
- Melt Rate (per hour): 10 kg/hr (23 lb/hr)
- Pump Rate per minute: .91kg (2lb) / .38kg (.83lb)
- Piston Pump Compression Ratios: 12:1
- Gear Pumps Standard: 1.5, 3.2, or 4.5cc/rev
- Hose Output Zones: 2, 4, or 6
- Max Working Hydraulic Pressure: 68bar (1,000psi) - Piston Pump
- Temperature Control Stability: ± 1°C (1°F)
- Electrical Service Standard: 380 VAC 3Phase Y 50/60 Hz
- Working Viscosity: 500 - 50,000cps
- Height (H): S05 - 53.23 cm (20.96 in) / S10 - 66.04 cm (26 in) / S22 - 61 cm (24 in), 73.6 cm (29 in)
- Depth (D): S05, S10 - 42.67 cm (16.8 in) / S22 - 84 cm (33 in), 83.2 cm (32.7 in)
- Width (W): S05, S10 - 65.5 cm (25.79 in) / S22 - 35.5cm (14 in)
- Weight (empty): S05 - 59 kg (129 lbs) / S10 - 63 kg (138 lbs) / S22 - 50 kg (110lbs)