Dynamelt™ D Series - Adhesive Supply Unit
Dynamelt D Series is available in four hopper sizes and with a choice of dual or single gear pumps. The ASU uses a microprocessor temperature control to closely control the temperature of hot melt adhesive for up to eight hose standard and precision metered outputs.
The Dynamelt D Series features ITW Dynatec's patented no-char, Melt-On-Demand System.
DYNAMELT™ D Series is available in four hopper sizes and with a choice of dual or single gear pumps. The ASU uses a microprocessor temperature control to closely control the temperature of hot melt adhesive for up to 8 hose standard and precision metered outputs.
- Up to four drives / four gear pumps permit up to 8 metered outputs.
- Standard or precision metered outputs are available.
- User-friendly push icon-driven controls with multi-lingual display.
- Dynacontrol™ P.I.D. digital temperature controller with platinum sensor accuracy.
- 9 combinations of hopper sizes and melt rate selections.
The Dynatec Difference
Most suppliers will agree that adhesive degradation is the number one cause of downtime on hot melt equipment. To address this problem, ITW Dynatec has patented a “Melt-on-Demand” system. ITW Dynatec’s vertical, unheated hoppers only melt the amount of adhesive required by the application. Most of the hot melt adhesive in the hopper remains at a much lower temperature, perhaps even solid state.
The added benefits of melting only the adhesive required are quicker start-ups, reduced energy costs, better viscosity control, and reduced fumes.
- Less Energy Consumption – The Dynamelt uses less energy than conventional equipment by heating only the adhesive in the lower portion of the hopper. There is no need to waste energy and manufacturing time melting/maintaining the entire contents of the hopper.
- Operator Safety – The adhesive in the top of the hopper remains in a cooler, often solid state and reduces the operator’s potential for burns. Also, adhesive splash-back when filling the hopper is reduced.
- Faster System-Ready – The Dynamini Series does not have to melt all of the adhesive, so it is ready for operation much faster than conventional equipment.
- Adhesive Degradation is Greatly Reduced – By only melting the required amount of adhesive, the common problem of charring is minimized. When adhesive is replenished using conventional equipment, the solid, more dense adhesive falls to the bottom of the hopper causing older glue to move to the top of the hopper. By doing this, adhesive is subject to longer heat exposure which is one of the main causes of char. This does not happen with Melt-On-Demand. The molten glue at the bottom of the hopper is used first. Another important benefit is that all of the heat is applied at the bottom of the hopper using Melt-On-Demand, so char build-up on the side walls of the hopper is minimized.
- Reduced Maintenance – With Melt-On-Demand, equipment maintenance will be reduced. Frequency of Periodic hopper draining to purge char is greatly reduced, and filter and nozzle clogging will be reduced as well.
- Seven-Year Hopper Warranty
- D24 Hopper Capacity: 25kg (55lbs)
- D45 Hopper Capacity: 45kg (100lbs)
- D50 Hopper Capacity: 50kg (110lbs)
- D90 Hopper Capacity: 90kg (200lbs)
- D24, D45 Melt Rate (per hour): 23 kg/hr (50 lbs/hr)
- D50, D90 Melt Rate (per hour): 46 kg/hr (100 lbs/hr)
- D24, D45 Melt Rate (per hour) W/Optional Grid: 41 kg/hr (90 lbs/hr)
- D50, D90 Melt Rate (per hour) W/Optional Grid: 82 kg/hr (180 lbs/hr)
- Operating Temperature: 38 to 218°C (100 to 425°F)
- Pump Rate (4.5cc Gear Pump): .38kg (.83lb) min
- Gear Pumps Standard: 1.5, 3.2, 4.5 cc/rev
- D24, D45 Gear Pumps / Drives: 1-2
- D50, D90 Gear Pumps / Drives: 1-4
- D24, D45 Hose Output Zones: 2-6
- D50, D90 Hose Output Zones: 2-8
- Maximum Working Hydraulic Pressure: 68 bar (1000psi)
- Temperature Control Stability: ±1°C
- Electrical Service Standard: 200 to 240 VAC 3Ph Δ 50/60Hz
- D24, D45 Operator Interface: Icon-based Keypad
- D50, D90 Operator Interface: Keypad w/ LCD
- D24 Maximum Wattage: 24,200 W
- D45 Maximum Wattage: 26,700 W
- D50 Maximum Wattage: 48,400 W
- D90 Maximum Wattage: 53,400 W
- Working Viscosity: 1,000 to 50,000 cps
- Working Viscosity (reduced melt-rate): 50,000 to 100,000 cps
- Height (H): 133 cm (52.4 in)
- Depth (D): 97.5 cm (38 in)
- D24, D45 Width (W): 52 cm (20.5 in)
- D50, D90 Width (W): 104 cm (41 in)